Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bayous




While visiting Texas I took a few walks with Samantha and Jackson in the local Bayous - these are designed for a place for all of the potential flooding to drain.  They are everywhere and have tons of wildlife!  While I was there I was actually able to witness these Bayous become completely flooded and let me tell you it was insane!  Sadly I was unable to get an after photo because I didn't want to get my camera wet but, I have to say, it was really awesome and a bit scary.  To see what can happen when the Houston area floods was pretty remarkable. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The floods, they bring all kinds that lay low... to high ground. Such as turtles, frogs, fish, and snakes, The water was intense; about a strong foot in 48 hours. Although it was only rain water, a certain nasty film was created because the waters sat 10 - 12 feat above normal flood height for days. When the water finally receded, a dank stench was in the air, and the ground lay stained and disrupted. It was kind of fun, probably because Lily was there.