Saturday, May 9, 2009

Faces







Driving into the Cambridge Somerville area on route 2 there is an abandoned building on the right with the logo "Faces."  For a long time now, every time I drove past it I would want to pull over and take photos, but because there was always a TON of traffic while I was on the road people would never let me in to pull into the lot.  Well yesterday my friend Rachael and I were finally able to pull over so that I could take a few shots.  I tried googling "Faces" but was unable to find any information about this site, it must have been abandoned since the early 80's, but thats just a guess, really I have no idea.  Some think that it was a night club / strip club, others think that it may have been a modeling agency.  Either way the place is cool, especially if you were going to be stuck in traffic anyway might as well take a pit stop!

3 comments:

Christine said...

I know that bulding! I grew up near that building. I used to bowl at the ally right next to it- or very near it. I always wondered about it and I drive past it all the time! Wow, I am so glad you took pictures, I always wondered!
Thanks Lily:)

..................... said...

Cool photos, the place looks like it could have been a restaurant.

Lillian Graham said...

thanks to you both!
I actually found out from a friend after I put up this post that his friends mom used to go to Faces and said that it was an all age night club in the early eighties. It closed down due to kids bringing weapons and there being a lot of fighting in the late eighties early nineties.